Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Big Hasel=Big Savings!

This was my first big money saver as a coupon user.
I purchased all the above items for $7.21 !!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that!?!

I will break it down for you-
Glade Air Freshner/Odor Eliminator-............ 3.49-1.00-2.00= 0.49
Scrubbing Bubbles Extend a Clean Sprayer- 6.99-3.00 = 3.99
Dove Deoderant 2 pack ....................................6.59-2.00-1.00= 3.59
Dove Body Spray ...............................................3.49-3.49 =FREE
2 boxes of Vanish Drops @ 2.14 each............. 4.28-2.14 =2.14
Scrubbing Bubbles toilet Gel............................3.94-3.94-FREE
Scrubbing Bubbles Starter Kit.........................6.29-6.29=FREE
Scrubbing Bubbles 12 pk refill..........................3.94-3.94=FREE

This totals out to 12.21 and I had a $5.00 gift card from buying somthing last week. So 12.21-5.00= 7.21

However, this isnt what will happen unless you get lucky like I did. (If thats what you want to call it) After I checked out the first time I was looking at my receipt and didnt think I saved as much as I thought I would. After checking it over I realized they didnt apply 2 of my coupons (big ones of course), so I went back to the cashier and tried to explain it to her and she tried to get it to work, but was unsuccessful so she called the mananger over to help. After trying to explain it to her she finally just had me pull the items back out of my basket so she could go back over it item by item. Once we were said and done she actually rescanned a coupon that went through in the first transaction, so I got that item free too.

The confusion was with the Scrubbing Bubbles...let me explain.
I had a target coupon that was buy one Scrubbing Bubbles toilet gel get a Free 12 pk refill
I had a manufacturers coupon that was buy one Scrubbing Bubbles toilet gel get a free Starter Kit or 12 pk refill.

So I bought a toilet gel for 3.94 and used the target coupong to get a free refill (3.94) and used the other coupon to get a free starter kit (6.29).

That was the plan....but the 6.29 coupon didnt go through.

So when the manager was doing it she reran both coupons again, even though the 3.94 coupon had worked the first time. So I got all 3 items for FREE!

It was a big hassel, but it was a big money saver!

No comments: