Sunday, July 18, 2010

San Antonio Trip

We left for San Antonio on Wednesday after Maddie and I got back from swimming lessons. We checked into our hotel and then went to the Riverwalk mall and ate at the Rainforest Cafe on the Riverwalk. (after many laps around the block trying to figure out how to get to the river level with a stroller, come to find out, there is an elevator!) Thursday we woke up and went to the Children's Museum which was Awesome! Maddie had a blast, and was a mad women with her shopping cart. She would do really well on Supermarket Sweep. That day for lunch we walked back to the riverwalk and ate at Joes Crab Shack (not my favorite food, but Josh and Maddie love seafood). The funny thing about my daughter is that as well as she speaks, she still replaces the w sound for the letter r and l. Well on the way back to the museum she was telling me that her and Daddy ate cwap (she was saying crab, but it sounded like crap) She would say "I like crap, Daddy likes crap, we ate alot of crap". It was hilarious! It made me glad for once that I did not like crab. While we were there we of course bought shirts, and Maddie picked out the one that had a crab on it and it says "Im crabby like my Daddy"! hahahaha

Anyway, we went back to the museum for a few more hours and then went back to the hotel and called it a day...we were a little wore out so we took a little nap, went swimming in the pool, and then ordered pizza to our room. The next morning we opted to sleep in a little bit, got packed up, and went to Target and then headed to the zoo. We didnt get to the zoo until 11 or so, (ahhhh, thats what I was trying to avoid) We rode the train and then went to the zoo, I think we left around 3 or 4. It was super Hot of course, but well worth it, we all love looking at the animals. We got home a little after 8 Friday night, and I slept good that night, lol.

Here are a few pictures from our trip!




Maddie and I in the aquarium, this was our last stop before heading home. Notice the sweat on Maddies head, lol...it was HOT!

Daddy and his girls...we bought this little Snugli at Target before we went to the zoo because there are alot of times you are not allowed to take your stroller. Josh LOVED it, and so did Kenzie.
I have a picture just like this one of Maddie from last year, shes growing up so fast.


Maddie and Daddy with their "Lets Get Crackin" bibs from Joes Crab Shack



Can you tell she is running? She wouldnt let me push the basket at all, because she said I was too big.

I was excited to see all the good stuff she put in her basket. Notice the bucket of ice cream, lol.

This was one of her favorite areas in the museum. Maddie loves to organize and rearrange things. If you notice the blocks behind her are stacked with only thier matching blocks. Thats my Maddie!


Maddie milking the cow.


Maddie standing in the huge bubble ring...I couldnt get it much higher because as soon as she got a chance she would pop it.


Maddie and I enjoying our meal at the Rainforest Cafe


We had a great time and cant wait to go back next year!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Oh my goodness. The "cwap" story had me laughing hysterically! I love the way kids talk.

Looks like y'all had a great time!

Linz said...

Seriously...I just had to read it again. That is the funniest thing ever. "I like crap, Daddy likes crap, we ate a lot of crap." I can't stop laughing.