Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kenzie's 1 year post...

So she turned 1 on Feb. 17 which was 2 weeks ago and I am just now getting a chance to blog about it...sorry, the spring is pure craziness for any teacher. So here are her measurments

weight- 19 lbs 5 oz- 20%
height- 28.75"- 37%
head-17.5"


Her birthday party went really well. It was a tad bit windy, but we mananged. Her cake was the same style that I used for Maddie's 1st birthday. She had no interest in opening gifts, she just wanted to play with them. Maddie quickly took over the toys she found more appropriate for herself. (Such as a rolling backpack bag, from my always dependable bag lady, yes Shyanne, thats you! and her Jack in the box). It took several days for me to explain to Maddie that for now Kenzie doesnt mind sharing, but she needs to remember that those are KENZIES things, so that when Kenzie decides to take them back she doesnt get upset.

As far as her eating her first piece of cake...it went about the same way it did with Maddie...she touched the icing and tasted it and wasnt sure what to do, so it took her a long time to get going. Even though she didnt seem to be hungry, she squeeled when I tried to take her out of her high chair, so I guess she liked it, lol.




Kenzie waking up as a 1 year old.

"I just cant believe I'm 1!!"

Cake table

Sitting in her high chair waiting to get her first taste of cake.
After I finally took it away (30 minutes) This is what she had accomplished, lol.

2 comments:

Bryan & Chelsey said...

Aww! She's so cute! I love those cakes! They look delicious!

thefisherlady said...

My first child was also 19 lbs at a year old...much easier for packing around :) she is now 28yrs old and adopting 3 kiddies in South Africa. Children are such a gift from God!...
your kids sure look like your baby pictures! Very sweet!