Landry is such a wonderful baby! She is a night owl like Josh and I, and her favorite time to want attention is anywhere from 11pm -3am. Luckily for me after going back to work, Josh would take her into the living room to give her the attention she wanted so that I could function for my last 2 weeks of work. She is actually 2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days old today...She has gone to sleep around 11 the past few nights. Sometimes she will wake up around 5 to eat and other times not till 6 or 7. She was in the 78% in her weight at her 2 month check up and the 50% in her height (which for my children is big). The only thing that we were concerned with after her 2 month check up is that she had not reached one of the milestones they asked us about, which is cooing or talking. Other than crying she had not made a peep. Dr. Sawyer asked if she had passed her hearing test at the hospital, which she had, and asked if she responded to our voices, which I just figured she had....but then after thinking about it, I wasnt sure if it was my voice or me rocking her that soothed her. So then Josh and I went into panic mode thinking she made me hard of hearing and wondering what we could do. Then after a few days, we just decided that we needed to calm down and see if she just starts "talking". Its been 2 weeks and she makes an occasional sound, but its not as frequent as it should be (YET). I am thinking to myself that she was 3 weeks early and maybe she will start talking in a few more weeks. If not apparently that could be a sign of some sort of hearing loss, but we do not go back to the doctor until July. She has started smiling more often though, which I LOVE! She is wearing 3 month clothes which is great, but I was a little sad to pack up the newborns so soon. OH, and by the way....SHE STILL HAS BLUE EYES!!! :)

Maddie and Kenzie are so funny!! I laugh at them everyday and love their personalities! They both love Landry and give her kisses all the time, but other than that they are too busy playing with each other to notice her. Maddie is still doing gymnastics every Wednesday, she finished her first season of soccer a few weeks ago, and we are fixing to sign her up for a cheerleading camp in Bronte (I know nothing about cheering, but she seems to love it). We are also going to try to sign her up for Vacation Bible School, we just havent figured out when or where yet, but I think she would also love that. Kenzie is a ring tail tooter! She is always getting into things, but that smile melts my heart everytime. She is crazy, but fun...several people say she acts like me, lol. She is getting better at talking, but still hard to understand sometimes when she gets excited. She follows Maddie everywhere and I am hoping that their relationship evolves into one of best friends when they get older.

Although Josh and I would like a boy to carry on the Schoenfield name, I dont know what I would do without my 3 wonderful girls! We are very blessed!
On Sunday we are leaving for our summer vacation to Seaworld! I have never been and am excited to experience it though my daughters eyes as well.
(Note for teachers: you can get one free ticket if you are currently employeed)
3 comments:
The girls are so cute!! Enjoy Sea World; you will love it!!
I have a feeling the girls will be best of friends! Nothing quite like having a sister! I'm so excited for y'all to go to sea world! I'm sure everyone will love it! We'll say some extra prayers for Landry... maybe she'll just be the quiet one of your children... because lets face it she may not be able to get a word in between those other two! :) Give all the girls kisses from Uncle Jay and I! Love y'all!
11:00 to 03:00. At that time we should sleep, it is best for your body. friv 8
Post a Comment