Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Holiday

I will just start from the beginning.....

  • This year the only thing we bought Maddie was a CD player for her bedroom so she can listen to some CD's she has had. All her gifts from "Santa" actually came from Granny Betty. She got an Elmo, a barn with animal sounds (her favorite), a Cabbage Patch doll (which is as big as she is), and a bath toy since she only has rubber ducks. She opened the barn all by herself, but then we couldnt tear her away from it long enough to open the rest of the gifts.
  • Josh had to work Christmas Eve, so Maddie and I went to Bronte with my family.

  • When Josh got home on Christmas morning, we went to my dads to open presents, then left for my Aunt Tanya's to open presents and eat breakfast. Then around 12 we headed over to Lacy's house to do Christmas with his family. WHEW!! What a day. Maddie got several other gifts, another one from Granny Betty which I think became her new favorite. She got a music table with tons of buttons and lots of songs that she can dance too. She has been dancing alot lately!
  • We had been to Clyde the weekend before to do Christmas with my dads family, and had to go back to Clyde on Saturday to do Christmas with my mom.
  • Then on Sunday Josh and I headed to Shreveport, LA and would be coming back on Tuesday night so Josh could be at work on Wednesday. The kicker here is that we, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, we left Maddie with my mom and dad while we went out of town! Oh my goodness, this was SO hard on me. Maddie was fine and I knew that she was in good hands, it was just me that was so upset. Josh and I joked all weekend about how bad it was going to be when our kids grow up and leave us for good...lol....We did however have a good time, even though we lost quite a bit of money. There was a jacuzzi bath tub in the actual hotel room right beside the beds. It was kind of funny, yet neat at the same time. We returned home at 10:30 Tuesday night, and Maddie was out cold. I JUST HAD to wake her up though. So after 15 minutes of moving her around, I finally got her awake enough to say hello. She and I stayed up till about 11:30 before I finally got her back to bed. I have never been so excited to come back home from a vacation before in my life. I just love her SO MUCH!!!

  • On a side note, we finally gave in and bought a rocker/recliner! I get to pick it up in the morning!!

  • As far as school goes, I have only been up there one time during the break to rearrange my classroom, and I guess I will have to go back up there again tomorrow to at least write my lesson plans for the upcoming week. I have my yearly observation sometime when we get back....blah.

  • Oh, as for the new years...Josh was at work, so I gave Maddie kisses instead. Then we were back at home and in bed by 12:45. Let's just say it probobly wasnt one for the record books.

  • All in All the holidays were great and I enjoyed spending time with my family and friends! I wish you all a Happy New Year, and pray that God brings blessings to everyone!!

2 comments:

The Holik's said...

Let me know what kind of rocker/recliner you get. We have been looking to getting one as well.

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Sounds like it was busy ...