Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Now or Later???

Well, I went to my orthodontist consultation yesterday morning, and the good news is my teeth are not as bad as I thought they are. If I were to get them I would have them for only 14-16 months. Not bad when I was thinking 3 years, lol. The bad news is my insurance only covers $1000, so I will still have to fork over $3200. WOW, thats alot of money, but then again....it may be worth it. It's all I have ever really wanted for myself because I am so self concious about my smile, so maybe its a small amount to pay for such a great outcome. I thought about putting it off until we had more money, but I dont know that will ever happen. It's kind of like kids...if you wait to have enough money, you will never have them. I think this is something that I deserve, and will do what it takes to make it happen. The other issue is that we are planning to get pregnant at the end of this summer, which means I will be prone for gum gingivitis, or whatever it is that happens when you get pregnant. This in turn means I will have to get my teeth cleaned 4 times while pregnant to prevent this from happening....and of course insurance only covers 2 cleanings a year, so 2 of those cleanings will have to come out of pocket....WHEW (once again, lots of money). Well, the soonest I would be able to do this would be in July, so I have some time to think about it.

1 comment:

The Holik's said...

I think you should get the braces. I had never heard about getting the genvitis thing. Good Luck. enjoy spring break!!