Monday, August 24, 2009

Maddie's "Pool" Party

So Maddie was supposed to have a pool party in Bronte, however, due to God's wonderful plan to make it rain that day, we got relocated to a pavilion down the road. It was pretty windy, and it did rain pretty good, but the pavilion was nice and big and no one got wet. I was a little disappointed, because she was supposed to look cute for her party, but we planned for a swimming party. So instead, she had messy hair and an over sized t-shirt. Oh-well, lesson for next time I suppose. It ended up being great anyway! She got so excited while opening presents, and would say, "Oh my Gosh", or "Oh Boy" every time she opened a present.


Maddie and Kylee at the party! Maddie trying to shoot in her basket, but its quite a bit too big right now, she will have to get some muscles. Maddie got a tricycle and wasn't able to pedal, so D'Laney took the job of pusher. She pushed Maddie around and around! It was so cute, and then Maddie took her eyes off the road and D'Laney kept turning her head so she would look straight ahead, it was very funny!



Maddie was so excited about all of her presents! It was so fun to watch this year, because she understood what was going on!


This is Maddie's monkey cake...I kind of rushed through it, because I got tired and frankly havent been in the cake making mood. But I really thought the cake was cute at Hayden's party and figured I could do it for Maddie. It may be a long time before I make this cake again, lol.







1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

super cute cake!!! great job mar!!