Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kenzies 1 month check up

We went to Kenzie's 1 month check up on the 17th and everything was great!
Weight: 8 lbs. 10 oz.---40%
Height: 21 1/4 in.---60%
Head: 14 1/4 in.---35%

Considering that she was in the 18th percentile in weight, the 48th% in height just two weeks ago I am extremely pleased with her growth!

A few accomplishments/milestones for the 1st month:
  • lost umbilical cord
  • took first real bath....she didnt seem to enjoy it
  • rolled over from tummy to back on the 15th...I was shocked and excited, because this seems to be a little early for that, but excited because I didnt miss it. (I missed the first time Maddie rolled over :( Josh was at work that day so he has missed both girls first roll over. The next day when Josh got home he put her back on her playmat for some tummy time and lucky for him she did it again!
  • she still eats every 2-3 hours but on most nights she has 4-5 hour gaps which is nice

As for Maddie I have a funny yet quite strange story. Yesterday as we were leaving Abilene there was a beautiful rainbow. We got Maddie to look out her window and see it, and I told her that God shows us a rainbow every time it rains. She said Oh, and then said theres a guy walking behind us. I looked out the back window and saw nothing, so I asked her. what guy? She said the man in the dress.......I just turned around and looked at Josh. Maddie is so imaginative, but really? Why on earth would she just say something like that? All I can say is that if my daughter sees people, Im glad its a man in a dress!

No comments: