Wednesday, May 12, 2010

And the race is on!

Not litterally cause I havent ran in quite some time, lol.

The month of May is probobly the busiest month of the year for me. There is SO much stuff that has to be done at school, but alot of it cant be done till last minute. For instance, our school will be hosting summer school, so we have been told that unless we want people messing with our stuff that we should have everything packed up in boxes by the last day of school. Please explain to me how I can teach with my stuff all packed up. I guess since we have to go to work the Saturday after the last day of school for staff development from 8-12 I will spend the rest of that day cleaning my room and packing it up. We took the 1st grade to the Abilene Zoo today and that went pretty smoothly I would say. All 61 students were pretty excited and I would guess at least 1/2 of them had never been to a zoo. We also got to ride in the charter buses, which I know none of them have ever done, because our class was the first 1st grade to ever get to ride on them! As fun as it was I am glad that I can knock one more task off my list.


Here are the things at work I still have on my to do list


  • scan pictures and make them into a power point by Friday
  • finish summer school paperwork
  • plan End of Year party
  • meet with my new First Grade team tomorrow
  • make a school supply list for next year
  • clean, reorganize, and pack up my classroom
  • end of year report cards
  • get things ready for 1st grade awards ceremony
  • plus countless other little things that I cant even think about right now because I am so overwhelmed :)
  • all of these things must be done after school and on weekends because we are still teaching, hoping to get just a little bit more information in before they leave us.
    • But there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that is there is only 12 school days left until summer break!

      Now onto my at home to do list for May:

      • clean my house and my back yard as much as possible so we can build the cover to put over our deck as soon as possible.
      • babyshower on Saturday
      • Kenzies 3 month pictures and a birthday party on Sunday
      • continue planning Mallorys bacholerette party and send out invitations
      • get sizes for the other flower girls in Mallorys wedding to my Memaw ASAP
      • hit up Childrens Place as soon as I get a chance to go to the mall since it opens tomorrow!!!
      • celebrate Mothers Day with both families since on the actual day Josh was at work and we couldnt do it any other time until now.
      • celebrate my 26th birthday (woo hoo, just so you know there is sarcasism in my voice)

      So the fact that I have broke down crying twice in the past 2 weeks doesnt surprise me now that I think about it. Stress is not good for me, and I bundle it up till I explode, and then I take it out on Josh.

      The good news is that I can scratch getting Kenzie's ears pierced off my list since we did that on Monday!

      Here are the pics! Before, during, and After :)




      No comments: