Josh and I have been looking at a house in Bronte, and we made an offer last week. However, they did not except (which was expected because we offered way lower than the asking price). The house is Josh's dream house, which means it has a huge back yard, a huge garage, a nice yard, and its brick. It's not necessarily my dream house per say, but I do like it alot, and with some work it could easily become my dream house. The reasons I like the house: huge garage, nice yard, brick, a bathroom in the master bedroom, storm cellar, large living room that is open to the kitchen and an office area. On the other hand here are my setbacks: small kitchen, paneling in the living room, kitchen, and hallways. Only a shower in the master bath (no tub), and no fence around the Huge backyard.
All of the things I mentioned that I do not like can be remedied fairly easy except maybe the size of the kitchen.
Another set back is that I will be driving back and forth to San Angelo for work because there are not any openings in the near future at Bronte for a K-4 teacher.
However, the biggest reason I am willing to make this move is for my children. Even though Maddie is still several years away from starting school, I want to make sure that when that time comes we are settled in a house we love and not forced to pick one because we have run out of time.
This may or may not work out, but I have faith that whatever happens is for the best. We are going to put in another offer tomorrow and see what happens.
In hopes that they accept our offer we decided to go ahead and fix all the things that we have put off in this house since we moved in. Since we moved in this house in 2006 we have fixed the shower and painted the back bathroom, replaced the carpet, and put on a new metal roof. Those were things that had to be done. The other things that I have wanted to change were not really necessary, but more cosmetic for the most part. However, I think that if we go ahead and fix them we can sell our house quicker and for a higher price if it comes to that.
Here is what we bought at Lowes yesterday: stove top, oven, shower head and faucets, sink faucet, front and back door, tile, paint, and many other items. The list of to do projects has already started, because I painted the front door and Josh replaced the sink faucet. Wednesday Dusty is coming over to take the old door off and put the new one up. The biggest project will be the bathroom, but I have to take down the wall paper and we have to take the tile off the wall, then we will replace the pipes, shower head, and faucet, then Dusty will come back and put the wall back up and tile it. Then I will give it a fresh new coat of paint. I bought a pretty blue color for the top half of the room. We are not putting the back door up until we move because our current door is equipped with a doggy door for Chief. The appliances had to be ordered so they will be installed in about 2 weeks. I also plan on painting the kitchen, hallway, and our bedroom.
So in conclusion, my summer has started off a very productive and expensive one! Josh is taking before and after pictures on his phone so I will show the final products as we go.
1 comment:
NNNNNOOOOOOOO.........don't move!!! :(
yes, we are taking them at the Y.
Post a Comment