Monday, June 14, 2010

Couponing and Houses

Well I have been using the diaper and wipie coupons on a regular basis since Maddie was born and got excited when I could throw in another coupon or two. However, after seeing Shyanne do such a good job couponing, she has inspired me to put a little more effort into it. (Thanks Shyanne!) As of now I am still using my little accordian coupon holder, but I am considering using the offical organizer (a notebook with sections). I also started reading some of her blogs that were related to couponing and I am starting to get really excited about this! I will make my first real coupon trip tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes!

Last week was Mallorys bacholerette party at her place on the river near Menard. We had a great time. I did get a sunburn, which bummed me out because that prevented me from going tanning for the week before her wedding (I know....its probobly to late anyway) and my back is itching like CRAZY! However, we did make another big step on the potty training with Maddie while there. She used a regular size toilet for the first time and continued to use it all weekend! Yes I have to let her hold onto my neck while she is sitting there because shes afraid to fall in, but thats better than toting that dang potty around everywhere we go.

Our appliances from Lowes came in so we will be picking them up and installing them tomorrow...no more pepto bismol pink oven and stove!

However, we found out today that another couple that Josh knows is moving back to Bronte and is looking at the same house we are looking at. I was upset at first because I didnt want to get outbid (even though she didnt except our offer, we had hopes that no one else would show any interest and she would come down). Then I just had to tell myself that it is all in God's hands, and if its meant to be, then it will happen. If not there is something better in the future.
I catch myself starting to pray that we get that house, then I have to stop and say...no scratch that...We really like the house and are excited to get to move to Bronte, please help me remember that when and where we move is in your hands and IF it is in your plan for us to have that house that you help us in our decisions for the process.

The rest of this week is a busy one, but we are very excited!
Tuesday- install new appliances in kitchen and go shopping with all my good coupons!
Wednesday- Kenzies 4 month pictures, getting my hair cut and a pedicure
Thursday- Josh works (nothing exciting about that)
Friday- go to Midland for Mallorys wedding rehersal
Saturday- Maddie is a flowergirl and I am the Matron of Honor at Mallorys Wedding! FUNFUN...there will be a dance afterwards, and I am super happy about that!
Sunday- Fathers Day. I love this day because nothing makes me happier than reminding Josh how much I appreciate all his help and reminding him that he is the best Daddy ever!
Monday- Kenzie's 4 month appointment (I am sad about the shots, but I love seeing her progress)

After that we will have some time to rest and relax, and in July Maddie and I will be doing swimming lessons at the YMCA! Good times!

1 comment:

The Holik's said...

WHEW!! Y'all are busy!! Glad Maddie is taking swim lessons. It will be fun!! We finish up next week with ours.

I like the couponing as well, just not very good at it, and Brianne thinks she wants a "binder" as well. She just has the envelope right now!! :)