Friday, July 2, 2010

Say goodbye to the crib :(

Maddie will be 3 in August and until just recently, she has never attempted to climb out of her crib. I have not been in a hurry to take her out of her crib, because I like the fact that she cannot go off exploring on her own if she wakes up before I do. However, due to her recent climbing expeditions, we finally went today and bought her a bed. I LOVE IT! We also bought the drawers with wheels so we can have more storage under her bed. The bed itself can be moved up and down so you can choose the height, and in the future if we decide to convert her bed into a bunk bed, they have all the matching stuff to do so!



This bed is currently an order only item, so it will be 2-3 weeks before we get it in. But thats ok, it's worth the wait.

As for Maddie's recent onset of Terrible Twos, here is what she did yesterday morning (of course while Josh was at work).

First- caught her with one leg over the rail of her crib trying to reach something off a shelf.

Second- She asked me for a banana, but I was feeding Kenzie, so I told her yes I would get her one as soon as Kenzie finished eating. Well, as I was on my way to change Kenzies diaper, Maddie walks into my room holding a steak knife ! AH! I asked her what she was doing with it, and she said she wanted a banana. So I followed her into the kitchen and she showed me a banana, that she had also got off the counter, that had a 1/3 of the peel cut off of it long ways. I wish I would have taken a picture, because I still cant believe she did all that cutting and avoided cutting herself in the process.

Thirdly- actually this happened before the banana incedent, but oh well. I was feeding Kenzie and Maddie had to potty, so she did the whole process by herself...Pottied, dumped the bowl, wiped her hiney, and flushed. Apparently, when you do it all by yourself you can get the reward all by yourself. So she helped herself to 2 skittles, lol.

Ok, so besides being armed with a steak knife, these are not major catastrophies, but still she is becoming VERY independent!

While Maddie is becoming a big girl and getting into a real bed, Kenzie is growing up and moving from our room (sleeping in her pack-n-play) into her room with Maddie. Last night she slept in her crib for the first night.

We are also doing quiet a bit of remodeling so when we make some progress I will show you the before and afters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Scary! I can't believe she didn't cut herself. Oh and the Skittles thing was hilarious! Haha..

The Holik's said...

Your life is so AWESOME!!! You are doing so good with 2 kids!!

Maddie is completely NORMAL!!! :) The steak knife is hiliarous!! I mean I'm glad she didn't cut herself!!! But at least she likes fruit that much!!

Where are y'all getting the bed from? Like it alot!!

Go Kenzie!! Movin' up in the world!! Hope the transition keeps going good.