Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kenzie- 6 months

Kenzie turned 6 months old yesterday, and what a wonderful 6 months is has been :)
  • Her 6 month checkup is not until the 24th (I will have to leave early on the second day of school) so I dont have her measurements, but I will update them after her appointment.
  • She can get wherever she wants, including up the stairs, by doing her lung or army crawl. She would be crawling if she could figure out how to work her arms.
  • She loves to chew on everything she gets her hands on, especially paper. :( Our phone book only has a half of the back cover because she has got ahold of it several times and gnawed on it till it was soggy then tore it off.
  • She can sit up by herself, but its more of a side way tilt.
  • She LOVES Maddie...she will do the biggest belly laughs whenever Maddie decides to pay attention to her. Maddie has figured out that she is the reason Kenzie laughs and has started to pay more attention to Kenzie, which is wonderful.
  • She is wearing 3 month and 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.
  • No teeth still, even though she has been acting like a teething baby for 2 months now.
  • I still nurse as much as possible, but now that school has started back, she has started drinking alot more formula. Today for instance, I fed her before I dropped her off at Lacys house, she ate 18 oz. while I was at work, I fed her again when we got home, and will feed her at least 1 more time, maybe 2 before she goes to bed. However, she didn't have any baby food today.
  • We have tried all the #1 vegetables and she ate them all with no reactions. We have tried bananas and pears for the fruits, so far so good. Up till now we have just been feeding her one tub a day, but I think we will start one fruit and one vegtable now that she is actually 6 months old.
  • She still spits out a pacifier most of the time and inserts her thumb instead...this drives me crazy, but what can I do?

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Big Girl! I can't believe how fast they are growing!!