Sunday, July 5, 2009

Alot of updating and not one picture.

  • Last weekend we went to Lubbock for one of my family reunions. Josh, Maddie, and I rode with my cousin Tina and her husband Nick. We had a blast riding up there and hanging around together. I cant say that we had a bunch of fun at the reunion, because in all reality is was pretty lame. We did get to eat at Raisin Caines while we were in Lubbock, which curbed my craving for a little while. However, Saturday night Josh got a call from his dad letting us know that his PaPa passed away.
  • So Sunday we came home and spent the day with Joshs family and met with the preacher to decide on arrangements. Monday we went to Bronte to pick out flowers and do a few other neccessary activites, then that night we had visitation. It was wonderful, there were so many people that came to pay their respects. Tuesday was the funeral, and it was really nice. Joshs dad got up and read the obituary and then told a few stories. I was very proud of him for stepping up and doing that since no one else could.
  • Before visitation on Monday Lacy was going to go back home and do some homework and come back that night. Well on her way home she saw an Expedition fliped over so she stopped to try to help. She called Jeff and Josh because it ended up being really bad and she needed their help. There were 9 people in that vehicle and 2 were already dead when they got there. There were some volunteer ambulances there, but they were young and had never seen such a serious accident. So Josh and Jeff kind of took over and started the excavation of the ones still stuck in the vehicle. They got the others out, and did what they could to help the other ambulances get everyone situated. One got medi-vac'd, and most of the rest went to the hospital in the ambulances. It still amazes me that my husband is so capable of helping people in such situations. He is very good at what he does, and I am proud of him for that.
  • Thursday we went to my friend Mallorys place on the river in between Christoval and Menard. We had a nice relaxing time hanging out and sitting in the river. Then they shot off several fireworks on Friday night, it was great!
  • Saturday Josh had to work so we went to the firestation to watch the fireworks with him. Watching the fireworks from the airport is beautiful! It was nice outside too, so it was altogether a great night. As the fireworks at the lake finished up, they got called to a run! It once again made me so proud to watch him and the others run to the firetruck ready to put out a fire.

So needless to say last week was VERY busy and emotional in several different ways. This coming week will also be very busy, because I am going to get my impressions for my braces on Tuesday, then we will leave for Schlitterbahn and the San Antonio Zoo that day as well. We will get back on Thursday. I have my first appointment with my nurse on the 13th, and get my braces put on the 14th. AHHHHH...Did I mention that what was pure excitement is turning into pure nervousness!

Then on to the pregnancy- I was feeling great until we found out about Josh's grandad and then all of a sudden I started to feel nauseous I suppose. Not real bad, just a little annoying I guess you could say. It's much better now, but I have found that when I get even a little hungry or a little to hot, it starts again. Other than that nothing has changed.

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!!!

No comments: