1) Maddie is a wild thing! I mean look at that hair.
2) The theme at school this year is Wild About Fannin, so I am trying to get into the school spirit.
Maddie's birthday will be the jungle theme...I got the idea from Lindsey and loved it, so I am doing basically what she did for Haydens first birthday on Maddie's 2nd birthday.
Also, I finally downloaded the pictures off of my camera, so here are some updated pictures..Finally!
This was in the aquarium, and Maddie stood by that window for at least 10 minutes, she loved how close she was to the fish. She is trying to touch one through the glass.
They had a petting zoo, but it was just goats. So Maddie and I got a brush and brushed one.
And this has nothing to do with the zoo, but I couldnt resist putting it up...How can something that messy be that cute?!!! I came up the stairs, and she waved at me like everything was fine and dandy...and it really was I guess, just a little messy.
Maddie is growing up so fast its crazy...so I figured I would update on her progress I guess you could call it since she is almost a 2 year old.
1) She talks ALOT! She has a very big vocabulary and I have had several people tell me they are surprised how much and how clearly she talks for her age. She still does not use the L sound or the R sound.
2) We are finally up to 24 month clothes, so we are no longer 6-12 months behind on sizes. We havent been to the doctor for her 2 year appointment yet, but it should be interesting. She is getting taller for sure, but her weight has not budged. It stays between 23 and 24 pounds and has for many many months now.
3) She is a MONKEY! She climbs on everything and jumps on everything. She carries her little chair around in order to get what she wants. She is still sleeping in her crib, but she will throw out all the blankets every morning so she can jump better.
4) She has very good manners, and knows when to use them....her favorite is "Pease" (please) because she usually gets what she is asking for as long as she uses her manners.
5) She still does not have any of her canine teeth, but one on the bottom has been close for a month now, lol.
6) She picks up on things very quickly that crack me up, such as the dumb Bratwurst commercials that say "Go Meat" at the end. She will hear it on TV and walk around throwing her arm in the air saying "Go Meat" for several minutes after its over. She also like the Dell computer commercial that sings the "Lollipop lollipop song"....since she doesnt use the L sound however, she sings it more like this " pop, pop, boom boom" its quite comical.
7) We still have just been toying with potty training, but she has gone #1 and #2 multiple times in her big girl potty. We tried big girl panties one day, and she tee teed 4 times in them and would tell me afterward, but Josh all of a sudden heard her grunting and went to check on her and she was sitting on her potty pooping. So at least she chose the more important # to do in the potty for mommy's sake.
8) She can do all of this animal sounds / motions: cow, pig, duck, puppy, kitty, elephant, monkey, sheep, donkey, lizard, and horse. (The donkey is the funniest!!, she learned that while hanging out with her uncle Tobin).
9) She eats EVERYTHING! I cannot think of one thing that she will not eat, and she eats all the time, which makes me a little curious as to why she does not gain any weight.
10) We have not mastered the art of dressing ourselves yet. She can put her arms through the shirt once I pull it over her head, and she steps into her shorts, but cannot do either without assistance. She can take her shorts, shoes, and socks off, but she has a hard time getting her arms out of her shirts to take them off.
Ok, so that is 10 things that mark her abilities or lack there of as a 1 year old. I love her so much, and cannot imagine loving 2 babies and a husband as much as I do....Sometimes I feel like my heart is overflowing! I love my family so very much!!!
3 comments:
Love the update! I was going to tell you that I found a lot of monkey/jungle stuff at Hobby Lobby and Oriental Trading.
Love the monkey theme!! Very cute!!
I love how you love your family so much. That is special!!
WOW!! Here hair is soo stinking cute and curly!! heheh i love it!
Post a Comment