Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Fun

We finally got out the bathing suits and Maddie and I played in the sprinker while Kenzie watched. (She got to wear her bathing suit though). At first Maddie wasn't sure about it, but after about 20 minutes of touching the water with her hand, she finally ran through it.



I had my first workshop today. It was a GT workshop called Mosaic, and this is actually my second time to take it. I absoultely love it!! If you have ever drove by the museum and saw the mosaic slugbug, thats what we work on, except now there are 2 classic trucks. An artist draws the designs on the truck with chalk and we go in and tile it. Last year I worked on the front tire, and this year I worked on the hood. I worked for 4 hours straight and wasn't able to finish the whole roof, but I did finish the heart at least. These are supposed to be finished and set out on the river walk (I think towards Belle St) sometime this Fall. The truck I have worked on actually has a table in the back and the side of the truck bed is the seats, so you can eat in the back.





As far as us moving to Bronte goes.....it is not in the immediate future. The lady did not take our offer, but her house wont appraise for what she wants, so my thought is that sometime in the future we may get a call saying she will take our offer after all (no one in their right mind would pay what she is asking for that house.) If she doesnt come down, then it just wasn't meant to be and God has a better plan for us. The good news is I won't have to drive back and forth to work everyday and we are fixing our house the way we wanted to when we moved in. We put in the new door today (when I say "we" I actually mean Dusty).
Also my friends Amy and Dale went to the doctor today because her blood pressure was high (even though shes been on bedrest) so she will more than likely have baby Katelyn tomorrow! I am super excited.

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Hello!? I didn't know you were moving to Bronte!! What's the deaL!?