Monday, April 19, 2010

2 month checkup

We had Kenzies 2 month checkup today. She is growing so fast! She also got shots for the first time, and that wasnt pleasant (as expected) No matter how many times you see your poor babies get shots, it never gets easier when you see them screaming in pain. Well maybe a little easier since I havent cried since the first time Maddie got shots, but not much. Also Maddie unexpectantly got a shot as well, something she nor I was really excited about. She is now at the age when she sees the needles and knows whats coming...that makes it harder for me to make her sit up there and do it, because now she really knows Im helping them, lol. (I dont want her to think Im the bad guy). Both of them screamed bloody murder, and I just had to laugh. So for the good news...
Kenzies results Weight 11 lbs. 14 oz 75% 3 lb 4 oz gained from 1st month 40%
Length 23 inches 72% 1 3/4 inches gained from 1st month 60%

She still eats every 2-3 hours but sleeps for about 8 hours at night and she is starting to smile more often. Other than that there havent been many changes since last month.

I have to go back to work Friday and I have mixed feelings about it. Of course I would love to just stay at home forever, but I have actually enjoyed the time at home and it hasnt gone by too fast either. Im looking foward to going to work and finishing the last five weeks of school with a bang. There is alot to do when I get back so I think the 5 weeks will fly by.

We have been consistantly potty training Maddie finally, and it is going really well I think. Yesterday while Josh was at work she pottied several times and pooped once in her potty, she only had one accident all day long. So we are getting there for sure. Night time is another story. She is still in her crib (since she doesnt ever attempt to climb out), so she couldnt get up and go if she needed to. So I think that she will be getting a big girl bed sometime soon, maybe for her birthday. I also want to get her a swingset for her birthday, so she may be really excited this year, lol. As of now I still plan on renting the Bronte pool for her birthday again, hoping that this year we dont get rained out. As far as the theme goes, Im still not sure. I have several ideas but we will decide when it gets closer to August. I took some pictures of Kenzie in one of Maddies outfits, but I havent downloaded them yet. I will post pics soon.

2 comments:

The Holik's said...

Yeah, for good check-ups!! Yes, i need to see pictures of Kenzie!!

I started laughing when you said she isn't doing so well at night, because she can't get out!! :) Karter still wears a pull up at night, and he is 2 1/2. They say it is harder to get them trained in the night. If they wake up dry in the morning, that is a good sign.

we want to come to maddie's birthday party again!! even though I will have a newborn...Yikes!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Our stats don't add up. Brady weighed in at 11 lbs. 15.4 oz. and was 22.5" long and our doc said he was in the 50 percentile for both at 2 months! that's really weird!!