Thursday, April 15, 2010

2 steps foward, and 3 steps back

So for the first time, Maddie without being told, went to the bathroom and pottied all by herself! I was so excited!! Potty training has been the most frustrating thing thus far with Maddie. So I was absoultely elated when she did that all by herself. So that was the 2 steps foward.

Then after an hour, I told her to go to the bathroom and try to potty again. Then I hear the magical music that Maddies potty makes and got all excited, and ran into the bathroom (waking Kenzie up in the process). HOWEVER, when I get in there, Maddies panties were still up (and on correctly) which was the first thing that caught my attention. Then I noticed there was no teetee in the potty, but there were water droplets all over the potty seat....hmmmm.....So after a little prodding into my ever so smart 2 year old, I found out she took her potty apart and scooped water out of the real toilet to make her potty make the music, then she dumped it back into the toilet. ARG!

I have a feeling my sneaky little Maddie will be causing me many of troubled and worried nights when she becomes a teenager :(

No comments: