Well today I went into the administration building to turn in my ESL certification and the lady that helped me was in charge of hiring Teacher Aids, and she asked me if I would be interested in that. Well, I figured why not since Im not going to get a job this year anyway. So she called a principle and I got a call about 30 minutes later and went to San Jacinto to meet with the principle. All I can say is KUDOS to Teacher Aids in Special Education. The position she had available was going to be in Spec. Ed. and would be dealing with Autisic and Down Syndrome Kids which would be interesting I think. I have always been interested in Autism especially. However she got into the details of the job which included changing diapers and potty training, and I was a little put off by that idea. I know someone has to do it, but I just dont think I went to college for 5 years to be changing diapers and taking kids to the bathroom on a schedule. So I called my student teacher mentor and asked her advice and she advised me not to go that route because if I take that job I may have to turn down a possible teaching job that could come available. So, I guess I will be substituting again this year, but for sure on a more regular basis.
And a side note: the principle at Fort Concho was talking to another principle and was suggesting to her that she hire me at her school since she didnt have any jobs available at the time. Its just nice to know that I have people out there that believe in me and know I can be a good teacher, and I still may have a shot!
1 comment:
It will all work out!! We will be praying for you and your job situation!! :)
Post a Comment