Monday, August 4, 2008

What A DaY!!!!

  • To start things off, this morning I got the official call from the Instructional Aid lady that deals with the hiring of all aids in SAISD. So right off the bat this morning I had to respectively decline and told her I did not want to take the chance of missing out of a full time teaching opportunity by taking the aid position. She then informed me that at this point in the year my chances of getting a job were not likely. So I finished that call feeling kind of down because I said no, and I hate doing that. Then about 3 hours later I get another call from SAISD, and it turned out to be the principle of Fannin Elementary. She was one of the 3 principles that I had interviewed with back in May. She said she just had a position become available and wanted me to come in and talk with her. So 1 hour later, I went to talk with her and I felt good about our conversation as I left, even though she still had other applicants she had to get with. I was told that I would find out by tomorrow one way or the other. So I am pretty excited at this point, you know...hopeful, scared, nervous...all balled up in one BIG EMOTION....what that emotion is called Im not sure? Anyway so I had a nice trip to get a pedicure with Lacy and Katy and then I went to the mall to get a few things and I just happened to be rummaging around in Belles when I see the Fannin Secretary...she apparently works two jobs. Well after beating around the bush for a few minutes she finally just told me that I got the job and I had to promise her I would act surprised when the principle calls me tomorrow!!! Yeah...You can now call me Mrs. Schoenfield! 1st Grade teacher....GOD IS GOOD!!!
  • Secondly, I am supposed to head to Shreveport, LA first thing in the morning until Thursday. I am super stoked about that and hope that this new job doesnt cause me to have to return home on Wednesday, because apparently First Year Teacher Orinetation starts on Thursday or Friday and goes into next week. So there is a chance I will have to drive back on Wednesday, depending on what the principle says tomorrow. She knows of my trip and said not to worry about it, so Im not sure what that means. This will be Maddie's first official trip out of Texas!
  • Lastly, I will start work on the 12th....that is only 8 days away, and I have NOTHING, ZILCH, NADA SQUADA!! So the next few weeks will be quite stressful, but a good stress!
  • Having this job will be a big change in several ways, but I am ready and excited to get started, and I have to admit the money will be a nice Bonus, hehe!!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Congrats!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

COngrats on the new job!! I am so excited for you!!

SO I tried to post a comment yesterday, but it wouldn't let me!!