Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Then and Now

This was my first trip to Shreveport, LA about 5 years ago...during Josh and I's first year together. The waterfountain is at the Horseshoe Hotel/Casino that Joshs parents stayed at while we were there the first time. We were not old enough to gamble then so we just went to the mall and hung out in the hotel. Josh, Lacy, and I stayed in 2 different hotels while we were there, it was really fun.
This is our picture in front of the same waterfountain only 5 years later and quite a few pounds heavier, lol. We were actually old enough to gamble this time, and we had a great time! Josh, Maddie, and I stayed at the Horseshoe this time with Jeff and Sue which was nice because Sue helped out alot with Maddie so I could do a little gambling with Josh.
Maddie's 1st of many trips to Shreveport Im sure. If you are a Schoenfield you like to gamble.
Our room had a wall that was mirrors from floor to ceiling and Maddie spent lots of time looking at herself, she is easily entertained.
She also liked to look out the window. You can see lots of other hotel/casinos, and the river. She just kept pointing and saying....KUEL (which is supposed to be cool, but she says it kinda funny)


So as for our 2 year anniversary, it was so great! I have a wonderful sister in law who loves her niece and offered to watch her while we went to eat and to the movies. We splurged and ate at Red Lobster (Josh's favorite) and then went to see The Dark Knight, which was really good! Not romantic, but there really wasnt anything else out that I felt like watching. So after it was over we went to pick Maddie up at Lacy's and she had bought us a piece of cheesecake and a gift card from McAlisters! YUM, she is so thoughtful and we love her for everything she does for us!

The great thing about it all though is Josh and I are more in LOVE today than we ever have been and it just gets better every day.

No comments: